Monday, March 18, 2019

Monday, March 18, 2019



Announcements and Reminders for Monday, March 18, 2019:
                         



Targets for Today:
I can reduce the information (so I can better understand and remember it) after I have read an assignment. 


Today’s  Agenda for Monday, March 18, 2019:

Individual Reading -- Fill out your log  -- We read 20 minutes

After Reading -- Reduce   -- Right side of the inside of your Brochure 

Before Reading
During Reading
Be Active

Check for structure.

”Talk” with the author or text
  Vizualize_
  Make predictions
                 1)  Predict
                 2)  Read
                 3)  Check
                 4)  Compliment or Correct
           Make Inferences
           Pace yourself with your finger
          Make Connections.
                 l Text to Self
                 l Text to Text
                 l Text to World
Stop every once in awhile to check your understanding.
___________

Yes, I do understand.
Mark and highlight or take notes on text.
Read to end of study block.
No, I don’t understand.
Use Fix-Up Strategies:
See the back of this brochure.

After Reading #1
                 Reduce                          
1. Post View
Ask yourself –

s   What did I learn from reading this?
s   What patterns or overall structure did I notice?  (Text Structure)
s  What was the overall central idea?
s Do I understand it all?
       -- If not, use fix-up strategies.

2. Answer Your Questions

3. Organize for Recall
    (Select 1 to create.)

         l make outlines
         l take notes
         lwrite  summaries
         l create maps
                 or other visuals.



See the PowerPoint attached to CANVAS about reducing the material you have read.    
See also the material about Sketch Notes. 
Mind Mapping/Sketchnotes/Drawing to Learn


If You Were Absent:

For A3 -- If you were absent, see canvas for the sketchnotes assignment, complete it, and hand in your own sketchnotes. 
Watch the video and do the sketching as directed. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj3ZnKlHqxI&t=765s
Then read the article 
https://newsela-media.s3.amazonaws.com/pdfs/elem-students-cook-world-
cuisine-43802-article_only.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIOXSRXVQ3RGAX2FA&Expires=1552935996&
Signature=TcQvUXXI17CbyoBGo7f0g0L1XMQ%3D (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Create a page of sketchnotes for that. 


See above for what we did in class.  Read for 20 minutes on your own, fill out the make-up reading log, get a parent signature, and turn it in when you return to class.
Reading Log Make-Up Log 2018.doc


Vocabulary:



 Help and Enrichment 


No comments:

Post a Comment