Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Tuesday, April 25, 2017





Announcements and Reminders:
                         
Pick up your folder.
Do a SELF Check.
Do individual reading.  


Targets for Today:

 can read for enjoyment and for learning.
I know and can use strategies to improve my reading effectiveness. I know and can apply knowledge to help me use the Internet more effectively.
(
I can read more fluently.) -- If time. 



Today’s  Agenda:

Pick up your folder.
Do a SELF Check:  
     Study area, 
     Emotions,
     Level of difficulty (of the material you're reading), and how you're 
     Feeling physically.  
Do individual reading.
    Don't forget to fill out your log. Today is April 25. 

2.  Computer lab 202.
         1)   Finish your CRAAP Test Practice 
         2)  Why NOT Wikipedia?
         3)   What is plagiarism, and how can I avoid it?  

Go to View History -- Oldest 



In the CRAAP Test, C is for . . . . . 








Currency!
The R stands for . . . . . 








Relevancy! 
An A stands for . . . . . 







Authority!
The other A stands for . . . . 







Accuracy!  
The P stands for . . . . 







Purpose! 





           



If You Were Absent:

 See above for what we did.

Complete the make-up reading, using the pink make-up log, or downloading one from Skyward.

Pick up the Internet Assignment from the classroom or download it from Skyward, and begin working on it at home.    See the assignment "Internet Reading - Wikipedia?"




Vocabulary:





Class Topics and Objectives: (Tentative Rotation 3 Schedule)

1. April 17 -- Class Procedures and Targets
2.  April 19 -- What is metacognition, and how can I use it as I read to learn?
3.  April 21 -- How can I use metacognition as I read to learn on the Internet?
                            What information is reliable? The CRAAP Test!
4.  April 25 -- Why not Wikipedia?  How can I find better sources?
5.  April 27 -- When I use information from the Internet, how can I avoid plagiarizing?
6.  May 1 --  Before Reading:  -Know your SELF and Preview and Prepare
7.  May 3 --  During Reading: -  Read Activity
8.  May 5 --  During Reading:   - Use Fix-Up Strategies
9.  May 9 -- After Reading:  Reduce/Organize
10.  May 11 -- After Reading:  Retain (Remember)
11.   May 15 -- After Reading:  More on Remembering 
12.   May 17 -- Final Tests on Strategies (BICUM), the content you memorized, and CRAAP
13.  May  19 -- Wind-Up
14.  May 23 -- Readathon

No comments:

Post a Comment