Thursday, November 3, 2016

Friday, November 4, 2016

Announcements and Reminders:


Pull out your books and begin reading.


Targets for Today:

I can make a mind map to help me understand what I read.

I can ask reflective questions after I read.

I can summarize what I read.


Today’s  Agenda:

Silent Reading. Fill out your reading logs.

It's been a while! Let's do a Partner Fluency Practice. Come get a marker and eraser!

Now let's see what we can do after we read to make sure we understand! Copy these down on the inside, right column.

You tell me! What does it mean to summarize something? 

Give me a summary of your favorite book. 

Has anyone ever made a Mind Map before? Tell us about it!

Here are some examples: Tell me what it is "Mapping" and what are some differences?




Reflective Questions can actually help you to make a Mind Map, or just to remember and understand it better.

Let's practice! Listen as I read you another Fairy Tale. This is what you will do after I read it:


  • Write a summary of the story.
  • Answer the three reflective questions.
  • Draw a Mind Map about it on the other side.


If You Were Absent:

Copy the After Reading Strategies into your BICUM brochure and pick up the After Reading Practice Sheet.



Vocabulary:

No comments:

Post a Comment